My books, a few recent publications, personal stuff, my appearances in the comic strip Fox Trot, and more --
1) My 1976 book (Energy - An Introduction to Physics) is out of print, and I have only a very few copies left.
2) My 1985 book (Energy Facts & Figures) is still available. This is basically a reprinting of the Appendices to my 1976 book, with the energy data updated through 1983. It also has lots of useful physical information and what I find to be very handy (and 100% reliable!) unit conversion tables (BTU to kwh, miles to meters, etc. etc.). If you would like a copy, send a check for $20 (that includes shipping), made out to me, at the address below. Per copy prices for class size prepaid orders can be negotiated.
Robert H. Romer, Physics Dept., Amherst College, Amherst, Mass. 01002----xy
3) "My Half-Hour with Einstein", published in March, 2005 in The Physics Teacher. A brief account of the one-on-one conversation I had with him in Princeton in 1954. ("My Half-Hour with Einstein" is the official title; in my own files, I call it "Einstein and ME!")
4) "Higher Education and Slavery in Western Massachusetts", Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, 2005.
5) "The Spin-Statistics Theorem", American Journal of Physics 70 (8), 791 (2002). A letter to the editor, trying to correct the record on previous publications in AJP on this topic. .
6) A review I published in AJP of Aczel's book about Foucault: Aczel review
7) The American Physical Society has a "People in Physics" section, where they occasionally post interviews with various physicists. Here's one they did on me. (This is based on a 2005 interview. I didn't write it;The APS interviewer, Ernie Tretkoff wrote it.) APSInterview.
And a reasonably up-to-date c.v. - RHRCV
Some personal material: Running, trips down the Grand Canyon and the Salmon River in Idaho, visits to Italy, Shady Hill chool graduation photo, my occasional appearances in the comic strip Foxtrot, with a few photos, etc.: Personal